Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Nicol Makes $175,000 A Year

Thanks to Frank Dell'Apa, we finally know what MLS coaches make. Revolution coach Stevie Nicol makes $175,000 a year. A few years ago, that made him the highest paid person on the team. Now, it puts him behind Twellman ($350k-ish) and Joseph (Tellman-like pay).

The worrisome aspect of this to Nicol backers, like myself, is how other MLS coaches are outpacing him. I wake up in cold sweats to the idea of him going over to Red Bull. If they were willing to pay Arena $600,000 (and buy him out for $1.2 mil to fire him), then they would be willing to give Nicol at least a 300% pay raise.

I hope Bob Kraft takes notice of these new numbers and doesn't have a memory too short to remember what the Revolution were like pre-Nicol.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi I am so excited I found your blog, I really found you by accident,
while I was searching on Yahoo for something else, Regardless I am
here now and would just like to say thank you
for a tremendous post and a all round thrilling blog (I also love the theme/design),
I don’t have time to look over it all at the minute
but I have book-marked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a great deal more, Please
do keep up the great b.

Here is my web-site; Beautifull Butt