Saturday, April 07, 2007

Quick Thoughts On The Early Games

Don't get spoiled with this blog activity. I'm just trying to get my writing chops back. Also, aside from the repeat in the header picture and the footer color issue, this will be the template for the blog. Once again, I'm you want a link to your site or blog, post a comment or to my e-mail when I get the link up.

Here's some quick toughts with 2.5 games down in the 2007 MLS season:

* DC United looked sluggish in their opener, dropping a 2-1 decision to Colorado. The new stadium sold out, but about 20% of the people seemed to stay home and keep warm. Although Emilio scored by a header, he was completely unmarked and that was his only real scoring threat.

* Julie Foudy did fine filling in for Eric Wynalda. I didn't miss Eric's press box soccer dadding one bit.

* FC Dallas stole one in Salt Lake. Into their their year, Real is still drawing good crowds.

* Shep Messing is scolding Columbus for a lack of fan support. Pot-kettle Shep, pot-kettle.

* Altidore had a sweet turn towards net in the first half and he was unlucky not to score. He'll be "Out-the-door" in one, two years tops.

* I'll have more after the Revs game. I have my doubts with Joseph out. Any points is a victory in this one.

0 Comments: