Friday, April 06, 2007

Foudy Replaces Wynalda For Opener


ESPN/ABC has apparently suspended Eric Wynalda for his comments in that soccer blog. His replacement is Julie Foudy.

The thing I like about Julie Foudy is she's attuned to the world game and it's culture. The thing I don't like is that the other commentators kept asking her what was going on in players' heads during the World Cup because she played in several. As Ozzie Guillen would say: pfffff please. I just hope they don't keep asking her about her pro soccer experience. The sad truth is, she knows better. Whether or not her partner does is another question all together.

I really don't mind her being a female, either. I got over that bias when the Andrea Kremers of the world started bringing their game. That doesn't mean I like them all. I'm looking at you, Brandi Chastain.

0 Comments: